29 Oct Vegan Chocolate Orange Cheesecake… Our Secret Recipe revealed!
At Whirlowbrook Hall, we are always working on new dishes to add to our wedding and event menus to ensure they are kept up to date and reflect the ever changing trends of the culinary world. Over the past few years, our attention has turned to vegan menus, and we have developed a menu full of exciting dishes which has been extremely popular with a variety of guests. One of our absolute crowd favourites is our vegan chocolate orange cheesecake, and although the secret recipe has been kept under lock and key until now, as we approach National Vegan Month we thought we would share it with you!
We would love for you to give it a go and make it for your friends and family, even those who aren’t vegan… we bet they can’t tell the difference!
What you’ll need:
450g vegan soft cheese
200g dark chocolate 66% cocoa
100g caster sugar
1 large orange zest/juice
25ml of almond milk
For the base…
100g vegan margarine
20g icing sugar
Using a 20cm springform baking tin, mould greaseproof paper around the tin.
- Blitz the digestives into crumbs using a food processor. Alternatively, wrap the biscuits in a clean tea-towel and crush with a rolling pin.
- Melt the margarine over a low heat on the hob and add in the crushed biscuits and stir until combined.
- Sieve a light layer of icing sugar onto the base of your baking tin and then press the crushed biscuits into the base to create an even layer and set to one side.
- Gently melt dark chocolate by placing in a bowl over a pan of soft boiling water.
- While the chocolate melts whisk the Vegan soft cheese together with 100g of caster sugar until combined and then stir in the zest and juice of a large orange.
- When thoroughly melted, fold the chocolate into the Vegan soft cheese mixture.
- Boil 25ml of Almond milk and stir into the mixture.
- Pour over the crushed biscuit mixture into an even layer and chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
Give it a go and let us know what you think!
Did you know we are hosting a vegan tasting menu evening on Friday 8th November? A great chance for you to come along to our beautiful and try some brand new vegan dishes! Tickets are £50 per person, and includes a glass of vegan fizz on arrival, a 6 course tasting menu and live music.
To book or for more information please call 0114 236 61 42 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.